Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Second rant...concert tickets

I was just thinking about how much I missed going to concerts and I had this powerful urge to jump on tickemaster and start looking for some tickets. Once there I realized that my desire to go to a concert was just not great enough to fork over about $70 for the actual ticket and about $15 to ticketmaster for "handling fees."

I guess everything is more expensive these days, but $85 is a LOT of money - especially for kids, who, it seems to me, would be the largest target audience. Who can just drop 85 bucks at the drop of a hat anymore? I know I can't.



As I thought about it though, I began to realize that the problem wasn't JUST the cost, but it was also the musicians themselves. It's one thing to drop $80 for the Rolling Stones, but when they're asking about that much to see Tool (this is just an example, I would never even entertain going to see Tool), it starts to get you down. For me personally, I realized that there are few artists I would even want to pay more than $60 for. Sure, I did that for The Red Hot Chili Peppers and I thought it was well worth it, but that's probably one of the few I'm willing to fork over a bunch of money for.

I dont know, hit me back with artists you think are worth $60+

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Listings