Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Music videos - guys or gals

I know I just posted a rant about why I love youtube. And why I love to use it for music videos. BUT...this rant is kind of me rambling my way to an open question. Sure, I like to watch music videos. But who are music videos marketed towards?

At first I used to think it was just teenagers in general. But really, are they just marketed towards teenage girls? Are teenage girls the ones who are supposed to be watching them? To guys even watch music vieos? Generally?

It seems that music videos are usually chick flicks with music, regardless of what kind of music. Yes, I know there are exceptions, especially the more politically motivated artists. But honestly, those artists are just a few.

My question is this, do guys watch music videos anymore?

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Listings